Certified incubators: the requirements for enrolling in the special register
With Article 25 of Law Decree n. 179 of 2012, the Italian Government, in addition to innovative start-ups, recognized in paragraph 5 also certified incubators, i.e. those joint-stock companies based in Italy, also established in a cooperative form and registered in the special section of the register of companies, which offer services aimed at supporting the birth and development of innovative start-ups.
The activities of the incubators
Business incubators – which we have analized in the article “Innovative start-up incubators: how do they work?” – have the function of assisting and supporting innovative start-ups in their growth path, providing them with infrastructures and equipment, contacts with other market operators, as well as the skills of the professionals in the workforce.
The requirements for obtaining registration in the special register
To obtain registration in the special register of certified incubators (click here to open it), the company must:
- have facilities, including real estate, suitable for hosting innovative start-ups (spaces reserved for installing test, test, verification or research equipment);
- have adequate equipment for the activity of innovative start-ups (ultra-broadband access systems to the internet, meeting rooms, machinery for tests, trials or prototypes);
- be managed or directed by people with recognized expertise in business and innovation and have a permanent technical and managerial consultancy structure available;
- have regular collaborative relationships with universities, research centers, public institutions and financial partners that carry out activities and projects related to innovative start-ups;
- have adequate and proven experience in supporting innovative start-ups, whose existence is assessed on the basis of the minimum values identified in Table B of the MISE decree of 22.12.2016.
The possession of the aforementioned requirements must be self-certified by the legal representative of the company, by means of a declaration signed and filed with the register of companies, at the time of registration in the special section, on the basis of indicators and relative minimum values established in the tables of the attachment to the MISE decree of 22.12.2016 (click here to open the attachment).
Registration in the special section of the business register allows certified incubators to take advantage of numerous benefits, including:
- free and simplified access to the SME guarantee fund;
- exemption from chamber rights and stamp duties;
- the remuneration obtained through equity participation instruments.
The MISE has made available a special summary of the facilities (click here to open it).
The Coscia Law Firm, thanks to the expertise and experience in the field of consulting and assistance to businesses in the registration procedures in the business register and obtaining concessions and contributions both nationally and in Europe:
- provides interested companies with all the information regarding the requirements and procedures for registration in the special register of certified incubators, assessing in advance the existence of the registration requirements;
- assists its clients in preparing the necessary documentation and forwarding it in accordance with the procedures provided for in Law Decree n. 179/2012;
- manages the practice until its conclusion;
- provides specific advice on current business opportunities on the market.
Contact us immediately at the numbers +39 0683521985 or +39 3711453121, or write to us at email@example.com for specific advice.