“Innovation fund”: first announcement for projects with low CO2 emissions
On 3 July 2020 the European Commission published the first announcement for proposals for the presentation of large-scale projects in technologies and processes with low CO2 emissions, as part of the “Innovation Fund”.
This announcement has a budget of 1 billion euros and supports projects up to 60% of the capital and operating costs related to innovation, with possible disbursements of up to 40% already in the preparation and study phase.
Who are the recipients of the announcement?
Participation is open to private individuals, public entities and international organizations that present projects to be implemented in the EU or the European Economic Area (EEA), with a minimum expected expenditure of 7.5 million euros.
What are the activities of the projects?
The announcement finances activities that:
- support innovation in low-carbon technologies and processes in sectors listed in Annex I of Directive 2003/87 / EC (the EU ETS Directive), including carbon capture and utilization (CCU), as well as products that replace carbon-intensive ones in sectors listed in Annex I of the EU ETS Directive;
- help stimulate the construction and operation of projects aiming at the capture and geological storage of CO2 (CCS);
- help stimulate the construction and operation of innovative renewable energy technologies and energy storage technologies.
How can the announcement be accessed?
Applications must be submitted exclusively in electronic form through the dedicated EC portal, where it is also possible to find any useful information on the call (click here to access).
The deadline for submitting projects for phase I is 29 October 2020. Phase II will then open only for the winning projects of phase I.
Coscia Law Firm, thanks to the expertise and experience in the field of business consultancy and assistance in obtaining funding both nationally and in Europe:
- provides interested companies with all the information regarding the requirements and methods of access to the Innovation Fund, assessing in advance the existence of the necessary conditions for obtaining funding;
- assists its customers in preparing the necessary documentation and forwarding it in accordance with the procedures set out in the notice;
- manages the practice until its conclusion;
Contact us immediately at +39 3711453121 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, to obtain contributions for your project!