“Smart & Start Italia”, incentives to support the birth and growth of innovative start-ups
With decree of 24.09.2014 and subsequent amendments, the Italian Ministry of Economic Development has introduced the “Smart & Start Italia” project, aimed at promoting and supporting, throughout the Italian territory, a new entrepreneurial culture linked to the digital economy and enhancing the results of scientific and technological research.
Who are the recipients of the project?
The recipients of the “Smart & Start Italia” project are:
- small-size innovative start-ups (click here to find out the requirements), consisting of no more than 60 months;
- a team of persons who want to set up an innovative start-up in Italy (even if resident abroad, or in possession of the “Visa start-up”);
- foreign companies that undertake to establish at least one office on Italian territory.
How is aid provided?
The aid is provided through a zero-rate loan, without any guarantee, to cover 80% of the eligible expenses between € 100,000 and € 1.5 million, for the purchase of the following services:
- investment goods, services and personnel expenses (e.g.: new plant, machinery and equipment; hardware and software components; patents, trademarks and licenses; specialist technological consultancy; wage costs relating to employees, investments in marketing, etc.);
- business operating costs (e.g.: raw materials; services necessary for carrying out the company’s activities, hosting and housing, enjoyment of third party assets).
The business project must have at least one of the following characteristics:
- have a significant technological and innovative content;
- be oriented towards the development of products, services or solutions in the field of digital economy, artificial intelligence, blockchain and the internet of things;
- be aimed at the economic exploitation of the results of public and private research.
The Coscia law firm, thanks to its team of professionals specialized in consulting and assistance to innovative start-ups and SMEs:
- provides private and interested companies with specific and complete advice on the requirements and methods of acquiring the funding provided by the “Smart & Start Italia” project, assessing in advance the existence of the conditions necessary for the acceptance of the application;
- Assists companies in preparing the necessary documentation and forwarding it through the online platform;
- manages the practice until its successful conclusion.
Contact us immediately on +39 3711453121 or by e-mail at email@example.com, to obtain financing for € 1.5 million, before the available resources run out.