“Fri – Tur”: the incentive for the development of accommodation facilities. Application deadline: 20 April 2023
With the Decree of 28 January 2023, the Ministry of Tourism, in implementation of the PNRR and the Decree Law 152 of 6 November 2021, provided for the latest guidelines of the Fri–Tur measure, which aims to improve and digitize hospitality services and accommodation facilities, with a view to environmental sustainability. The financial envelope is 780 million euros, with a further 600 million in bank loans activated for this measure.
Attention: 40% of the resources allocated for the direct contribution to the expenditure are destined to companies based in one of the southern regions: Abruzzo, Basilicata, Calabria, Campania, Molise, Puglia, Sardinia and Sicily.
The concessions are aimed exclusively at the following companies:
- open-air accommodation facilities;
- companies in the tourist, recreational, exhibition and congress sector;
- bathing facilities;
- thermal complexes;
- tourist ports;
- theme parks, including water and wildlife parks.
The main requirements that these companies must possess when submitting the application are:
- manage an accommodation or tourist service business in properties or areas owned by third parties or own the properties where the activity that is the subject of the intervention is carried out
- be duly incorporated and registered in the register of companies and not be in a state of liquidation, even voluntary, or bankruptcy;
- be in compliance with the provisions on building, urban planning, labour, accident prevention, environmental protection and social security contributions.
- be in ordinary accounting regime and in possession of a positive assessment of creditworthiness and a financing resolution from a lending bank.
The concessions are granted until 31 December 2023 (subject to any extensions), in two different forms:
- direct contribution to expenditure: granted on the basis of eligible expenditure amounts, on the basis of the size of the company and the location of the investment. Maximum percentage: 35% of eligible costs and expenses.
- subsidized loan: granted by Cassa Depositi e Prestiti at a nominal annual rate of 0.5%, with a duration of between 4 and 15 years, including a pre-amortisation period of a maximum duration of 3 years, starting from the date of signing of the loan agreement.
The subsidized loan must be combined with a bank loan at a market rate of the same amount and duration, disbursed by a lending bank that adheres to the Agreement of 29 August 2022 signed by the Ministry of Tourism, the Italian Banking Association and Cassa Depositi e Prestiti. List of participating banks
The sum of the subsidized loan, the bank loan and the direct contribution to the expenditure cannot exceed 100% of the eligible programme.
Incentives can be requested for interventions of:
- energy or anti-seismic requalification;
- elimination of architectural barriers;
- extraordinary maintenance, restoration and conservative rehabilitation and building renovation;construction of thermal pools (only for spas);
- purchase or renovation of furnishings;
The investment of the amount obtained on these interventions can also take place for several units of the applicant company (but located on the national territory) and must include eligible expenses, net of VAT, between 500,000 euros and 10 million euros.
The deadline for carrying out the interventions
Projects must be completed by 31 December 2025 and comply with national and European environmental legislation and other European standards.
Furthermore, 50% of the resources will have to be allocated to energy requalification interventions.
How to submit the application
The application can be submitted from 12.00 on 20 March 2023 until 12.00 on 20 April 2023, by clicking here.
To send the application it is necessary:
- be in possession of a digital identity (SPID, CNS, CIE);
- access the reserved area of Invitalia to complete the application online;
- have a digital signature and a certified email address (PEC).
At the end of the online procedure, an electronic protocol number will be assigned.
There is no deadline, but it is possible to participate until the available resources are exhausted.
The support of experienced professionals
Our advice, therefore, is to verify the possession of the required requirements and prepare all the necessary documentation weeks in advance, in order to be able to send the request quickly as early as March 2, 2023.
To be sure to carefully analyze all the details, without neglecting anything and without making mistakes that could compromise the success of the application, we advise you to rely on experts in the sector and not to proceed in complete autonomy.
We at Coscia Law Firm, for years, have been supporting startups and SMEs in their path of growth and affirmation in the market, and we can help you in the presentation of the application.
Contact us without obligation for a first interview: tel: (+39) 0683521985 or (+39) 3711453121; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.